Request Addition of Standard 32Ch actiCAP Electrode Cap Template

Hello Francois,

Of course 32 channels is not ideal for source estimation of EEG data. However, Brainstorm is so nice to use for even sensor/electrode level analyses that it would be great to have this template available. Is it possible to have it added?

Best,

Jared

Hi Jared,

Do you have standard 3D positions for this ActiCap 32 channels?
If you send this to me, I could add it to the list of the templates available for the MNI templates in Brainstorm.

Thanks
Francois

Hello Francois,

I have a BrainVision channel file with the Phi Theta and Radius values for each channel, along with the channel name of course. It is based off the Standard 32Ch actiCAP Electrode Cap positions recommended by EasyCap. I will attach both the brain vision channel file and a PDF of the position map provided by EasyCap.

Thank you so much!

Jared

EGI32.bvef (4.9 KB)
EGI32.pdf (302.9 KB)

Hello Francois,

After more digging around the forum, I realized that you have already designed Brainstorm to allow me to import this channel file. That's all I ever wanted to do in the first place. Hoorah!

For others reading this that don't know how, just right click on the subject > import channel file > select your file, and voila!

Feel free to delete this post or leave it as a reference to others.

Best,

Jared

Thanks for letting us know.
Be extra careful with the order of the channels. When importing a channel file like this, you are also renaming all the recorded channels, with no way to check from Brainstorm whether it makes sense.

1 Like