Thank you BrainStorm

Hello there,
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your amazing community and non-stop helps! I can say for sure that without the help of BrainStrom and this community I could never move forward with my Thesis this fast.
I am working on multiple small projects within the BrainStorm, For all part I got input/output from brainstorm and therefore the format of my work matches with the functionality of brainstorm. I just wanted to say that just be able to give a little back to community I am willing to share my codes and implementation for free with the brainstorm community and you are open to use it within the toolbox. These codes includes calculation of Inverse problem errors such as RMSE, FD, SD, and etc. I am also about to start inverse methods that are not in the brainstorm toolbox yet.
As well as my topic of research and thesis which I will contact back when it was published and approved. Let me know if this is in your interest.
Additionally, probably in MARCH I will have a workshop at Ryerson University for undergraduate students and I will go through few EEG Signal processing toolboxes. I wanted to ask for your consents to advertise and inform students about your amazing platform and use few parts of your tutotrials to introduce them to the workflow!

Thank you again
Best Regards
Younes

Dear Younes,

Thank you for your feedback, it is very valuable to us to know that what we provide is useful for others.

If you are interested in sharing some of your developments, you are welcome to contribute to the project, we can always use additional help for the developments.
The easier way to distribute methods are to package them as plugins (= processes), and write a short tutorial on the Brainstorm wiki website (if you want access to the wiki, I'll send you the instructions in a separate email):
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/TutUserProcess

To submit your suggestions, please feel free to open pull requests on github:
https://github.com/brainstorm-tools/brainstorm3

You are also more than welcome to present the software anywhere you'd like. I could share slides and training material if you're interested.

Cheers,
François

1 Like

Hello Francois
That is great!
So I think I will start writing the developed algorithms in process format and share them with you once the corresponding article is published (so it shows that the algorithm works and in case anyone wanted to use it can reference properly)

The workshop that I will be holding at Ryerson University will be on March 12th, I was planning to give a review on the Brainstorm workflow and show some examples from the Tutorials you have on the website. But if you have any additional training material and slides that you think would be more useful to share, it would be really great to have them.

Thank you
Best Regards
Younes

For an example of what we typically use as training material, you can have a look at the documents in the Slides section of this page: https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/WorkshopTalca2018
Feel free to reuse anything you'd like.

1 Like

This is great. Thank you so much!

Best