Set Single SEEG Contact

hello Francois,

I'm trying to show some single SEEG contacts ,rather than electrodes, and set their colors on cortex with BTS, but i have not found how to do it properly. Can you please give me some suggestions?

Fang

set their colors on cortex

What do you mean with "on cortex"?
Would you have an image to share to illustrate what you are tried to obtain?

I'm trying to show some single SEEG contacts ,rather than electrodes

• Create a new empty folder in the same subject
  • Copy-paste the channel file to this empty folder
  • Right-click on the new channel file > Edit channel file
  • Edit the Group of the contacts that you want to see in a specific color (one group per color). Here, example from the SEEG tutorial:
  • Close the figure to save the changes
  • Double-click on the channel file to open it for display
  • In the iEEG tab, select all the electrodes, and delete them all. Close the figure to save the changes.
  • Double-click again on the channel file, go to the iEEG tab: all the electrodes have been created again using the defaults configuration, and including the new Groups you defined in the channel file.
  • Select all the groups you DON'T want to see in the display, click on the button "Show/hide" in the toolbar of the iEEG tab
  • Change the display mode by clicking on the button "Display contacts as sphere", also in the toolbar of the iEEG tab
  • Change the colors as needed
  • Add the cortex from the surface tab if needed

Does it help?

1 Like

Yes, your instructions help a lot.

I'm going to have a try.

Thank you :smile:
Fang

Hi Fang,
I would like to change the color of contact following this instruction but failed. May I know if you set the color using iEEG panel, by select color for selected electrodes button? My contacts stay grey all the time.
Thanks a lot!
Wei

hi Wei,

The instruction works. The single contact color can be set via the ieeg panel following this instruction.

Maybe you can select all your electrodes and click the "view selected" button to turn your electrodes to normal but not grey? and then you may try to follow the instruction?

Please let me know if i misunderstood the problem.

thanks
Fang

Hi Fang,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I did not make it clear last time. I followed this instruction and everything went well until the last three steps:

** Change the display mode by clicking on the button "Display contacts as sphere", also in the toolbar of the iEEG tab*
** Change the colors as needed*
** Add the cortex from the surface tab if needed*

When I displayed contacts as sphere, all contacts became grey. And I could not change their colors. They seem like this.

In case my data are not properly organised, I tried SEEG tutorial and still got the same.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks a lot Fang!
Wei

Maybe you can upload your channel file(right click the channel file ->file->show
in file explorer,.mat file) here and i can try it.

Hi Fang,
Thanks so much. Please let me know if it works.

channel_file_33.mat (179.1 KB)

Best,
Wei

hi Wei,

I followed the instructions and it worked well. I think the problem may be that you ignored the instructions that 'delete all the electrodes' (as showed below) ? You can try to follow the instructions again.

Thanks
Fang

Hi Fang,
I did delete the electrodes and it is still not working. I doubt the bug may lie elsewhere, like software edition or any conflict with SPM or so. I shall try other ways. Thank you so much for your time and kindness!
Wish you a fruitful new year.
Wei

Well...it is strange. Or maybe you can ask Francois for help directly, and it may be more useful.

You can also contact me at fangzepeng724@163.com, if there were something i may help.

Good luck!

Fang

Hi Wei,

I have tried the channel file you updated, and I can plot the SEEG contacts and their colors without trouble.

Which version of Matlab are you using?

Best,
Raymundo

Hi Raymundo,

Thank you for your reply. I am using Matlab 2013b, and Brainstorm 12-Dec-2022. So the matlab version may be the cause of problem?

Best,
Wei

Hi Wei,

I just verified this and, yes the trouble is your Matlab version.

Best,
Raymundo

Hi Raymundo,

I changed the Matlab to version 2016, and the problem was completely solved.
Very much appreciated your help!

Best,
Wei

Hi Fang,

Just want to let you know the problem was solved, it is my Matlab version. Thanks again for your time and kindness. I've got your email and thanks!

Best,
Wei

Hi Raymundo,

I changed the Matlab to version 2016, and the problem was completely solved.
Very much appreciated your help!

Best,
Wei