Access to MNI template without internet

Our system is setup in a lab without access to the internet. When I try to compute MNI transformation, it gives me an error because it is trying to access a web proxy. It looks like I have the MNI template downloaded in brainstorm3, but it doesn't go there. How can I fix this?
Thank you,
Emily

Hi Emily,

It seems the SPM’s Tissue Probability Maps file (TPM.nii) is missing. This is required to perform MNI normalization using the maff8 method (Included in Brainstorm).

You can manually add it to your offline PC:

1. Download the file SPM_TPM.zip from here
  2. Extract the zip file to get the TPM.nii file
  3. Create the directory spm inside the defaults directory in your Brainstorm User directory. It should look like this:
  • Windows : C:\Users\username.brainstorm\defaults\spm
  • Linux : /home/username/.brainstorm/defaults/spm
  • MacOS : /Users/username/.brainstorm/defaults/spm
  1. Finally, copy the file TPM.nii to the directory that was created in the last step.

If you need other plugins or libraries to be downloaded by Brainstorm, the easier is probably to run the code that downloads the files on a computer connected to internet, and then to copy the downloaded files from the $HOME/.brainstorm/ folder to your lab computer.

For future reference:
For preparing a computer that will later be disconnected from the internet, you can use the menu Help > Workshop preprartion, it downloads the SPM TPM.nii and some other files.

Thank you! I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you! I appreciate the details.