Add events from file

Hi Francois,

Could you please provide help with the following:

1. In the raw data viewer, option ‘add events from file’, several formats are supported. Is there some documentation? In particular, what is the format of 'Array of times (mat;.)’ and 'Array of samples (.mat;.)?

2. Also, what is the format of importing EEG data with ‘EEG: ASCII text(.)’, and 'EEG: Matlab matrix (*.mat).

Thank you!
Dimitrios

Hi Dimitrios,

1. What is the format of 'Array of times (mat;.)' and 'Array of samples (.mat;.)?

A simple array of times (in seconds), or time sample indices (times*sampling_freq).
Only one category of event supported per file (the name of the category is asked when you import the file).
If it is a .mat file, if has to contain only one variable (the name of the variable does not matter).

1. Also, what is the format of importing EEG data with 'EEG: ASCII text(.)', and 'EEG: Matlab matrix (*.mat).

Any 2D matrix: [nChannels x nTime] or [nTime x nChannels].
A list of self-explanatory options is displayed when you select those file formats.
If it is a .mat file, if has to contain only one variable (the name of the variable does not matter).

Cheers,
Francois

1 Like

Hi Francois,

This is wonderful, thanks!

D

Hello,

In the same topic but my file extension is ".events".
After uiopen on Matlab, I have those first lines :
label Stimulus Event track track track times reacttimes
bgin Stimulus Event ECI TCP/IP 55513 _00:00:25.527 _00:00:00.001
fix1 Stimulus Event ECI TCP/IP 55513 _00:00:25.549 _00:00:00.001
cue1 Stimulus Event ECI TCP/IP 55513 _00:00:26.635 _00:00:00.001
TRSP Stimulus Event ECI TCP/IP 55513 _00:00:55.645 _00:00:00.001

When specifying this file as a source in add events from file, I obtain an error :.
-> Unknown text on line number 1 of ASCII file [filename] "label"

Is there any other format more suitable to select when adding this file (not ASCII file)?
Do I have to specify delimiter? How can I do that?

Thank you in advance.
I can send you an event file example if you want. As a new user, I can't upload any file now.

Best regards,

Solofo

This file format is not supported yet by Brainstorm.

Where is this coming from? (make and model of acquisition software hardware)
Yes, please share an example file. Upload it somewhere and post the download link here.

Hello! happy new year
I don't know exactly for the acquisition software (EPRIME).
The file could be visualized on Matlab.
Here is a link to access to the file

Thank you

What EEG system is this?

Hello,

EEG was recorded from EGI system, with 256-Channel map.
I resolved the problem with the events file since it could be open and visualized in matlab, I constructed a matfile from it and it is ok.

Thank you