Applying scout function on Matlab

Hi all,

First, Does Brainstrom have a plan to provide weighted Phase lag index near future?
I really expect it!!
But if not, I want to calculate the fc on Matlab, then to apply scout function. In Brainstorm, I can get mean (or max) PLV using scout function (with option 'after'). Similarly, I want to get mean fc value at each scout after calculating fc on Matlab. Is it possible?
alternatively, after extract scout time series from ROIs, I should calculate fc on Matalb?

Best,
Jun

Hi Jun,

First, Does Brainstrom have a plan to provide weighted Phase lag index near future?

See this forum thread:

In Brainstorm, I can get mean (or max) PLV using scout function (with option 'after'). Similarly, I want to get mean fc value at each scout after calculating fc on Matlab. Is it possible?

Everything is possible, but the question is how to call the appropriate function based on your configuration of parameters. There are so many branches in these functional connectivity inputs, it's difficult to navigate in the code.
Depending on what you are doing you could maybe use either bst_scout_value.m or process_average_rows.m>ProcessConnectScouts(). You have examples of the both functions in bst_connectivity.m.

alternatively, after extract scout time series from ROIs, I should calculate fc on Matalb?

Both options are possible, I don't know how to help you chose between the two.

Hi Francois,

I apologize late reply.
Thank you for your kind instruction.
I want to compute the wPLI, then apply the scout function. I understand there are several options for doing it. That seems very complicated to me.
I will try it.

Best,
Jun