Channel Files in two different runs show different structures (sequence of channels)

Dear brainstorm-team,

my data contains a set of around 15 subjects, where each subject-data consists of 3 runs with each 20-60 events. To average the events over 3 runs I wanted to use the channel file of the first run.
My problem at the moment is, as in the title of this post, that different runs show different order/sequences in the channel file. The average over the runs is therefore not useful.
Is there any possibilty in brainstorm, where i can change the sequence of the channels (including the data, not just in the channel file)…?

Best greets,
Franzi

Hi Franzi,

You can use the process: Standardize > Uniform list of channels.
It will re-write the channel files and imported epochs, but it cannot process the continuous files or any other result (time-frequency, spectrum, source maps, etc).
You cannot undo this operation and there is a high chance of manipulation errors, so make sure you backup your database before trying this.

Francois

Great, that helps a lot!
Thank you.

I’d like to uniform the order of the list of two different files (one has 64 channels, the other 19). When I compute the coherence, the order of the electrodes varies. I’ve tried to use the process you mentioned, however…What could cause that the option Standardize>Uniform list of channels is not available?

Thank you!

You might be looking at continuous files.
This process needs to rewrite the data file, which is not supported for continuous/unprocessed files.
Import your recordings to the database first (menu Import MEG/EEG recordings).

Another source of problems: Your subject must be configured with the option “Default channel file: No, use one channel file per acquisition run (MEG/EEG)”.