Chose a specific coordinates

After a dipole scan

I chosed one dipole as you see below I kept the loc number one and everthing is [0;0;]:

it is good this is the diple in the image

My question is how can I choose a dipole the located in specific areas, for example in somatosensory region?
another question please, I dont understant why there is 6000 diploles

where I have 15002 sources (45006 in three axis)

thank you

I chosed one dipole as you see below I kept the loc number one and everthing is [0;0;]:

The positions are in meters, therefore in the range of 0.01 meters. Matlab inappropriately rounds this to zero. Just don't use the Matlab variable explorer, this is a terribly inefficient way of exploring your data. Load the .mat file in your Matlab workspace with the load() command (or use the menu File > Export to Matlab) and work with it from the command line.

My question is how can I choose a dipole the located in specific areas, for example in somatosensory region?

Dipole scanning gives you the most significant dipole at each time point: 6000 time points => 6000 dipoles. You don't decide where you want the selected dipoles to be located.

Please refer to this tutorial:
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/TutDipScan#Dipole_scanning

1 Like

Hi Francois

The idea is I want to simulate just one dipole with specific location and then solve the forward model to plot its corresponding topoplot,

What I did
I chosed a scout and exported to Matlab (from the Scout tab: menu Scouts > Export) so I have a specific vertices for example that correspond to sematosensory region, I simulate from the scout, I compute the source model, I export the source structure to matlab, I modified the imagegrid map by putting ecery thing is zero except the vertics I get it from the scout, then I imported again, I did model evaluate--simulate recording then I visulaise the topoplot it seems working,
but the idea is when I put another channel and its corresponding leadfield then repeat the same as I mentioned before, I get the exactly the same topoplot which should be different,

The procedure to simulate recordings from a scout is documented here:

It is simpler than what you seem to have done here.
The leadfield is computed only once, then if you want to apply the signal to different dipoles, you create a different scout (with only one vertex) and repeat the procedure.
The process "Simulate recordings from scouts" creates both the source maps (with all the values set to zero except for the simulated dipole), and the corresponding recordings (multiplication of the sources with the forward model).