Cluster sensors in TF and grouping times in Time series #545

Hi!

I just copy the thread on github here, so it's easy to search. Thanks for your help @Francois!

Question:

Is there a way to cluster sensors in TF maps? I see there's the option to cluster the time series, but not for TF maps. Should I need to do it for the time series and then compute again the TF?

Similar, is there a way to group in time bands for time series? I see there's an option to group in time and frequency bands for TF maps, but not for time series.

Response:

Is there a way to cluster sensors in TF maps?

You can use the process Extract values to select some sensors and average their TF response together:

This must be done separately for each cluster.

Should I need to do it for the time series and then compute again the TF?

This would produce something very different.
Similarly to averaging trials, you should probably average the TF power instead of compute the TF of the average across sensors.

is there a way to group in time bands for time series?

No. The "data" or "matrix" file structures do not have any information for grouping by time bands.

https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/Epoching#On_the_hard_drive

You can use the process Average time to compute the average over a time window.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting it here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Francois,

Is there a way I can do this with the cluster that I created, as in 'Extract cluster time series'?

Thanks in advance.

There is not a process to do it directly with a defined cluster. However, you can get the list of the sensors that are included in the cluster by using Export to Matlab option, names must be comma (,) separated

Thank you for your help. It worked!