Epoching an epoch?

Hi all,

Is there a way to further epoch data that has already been epoched?

For example, if I’ve defined my epochs by a trigger (say -100 ms to 1100 ms) is it then possible to take those epochs and slice them further (so get 5 epochs of 200 ms from the original -100 to 1100 ms epoch) within the GUI / batch? Or do I need to export to matlab and reslice from there?

Thanks for any info.

Peter

Hi Peter,

The imported epochs can be re-epoched like original files: Right-click on the epoch > Import in database.
You can do this from the a script with the process “Import recordings > Import MEG/EEG: Events” and “Import MEG/EEG: Time”

Cheers,
Francois

Hi Francois,
I also was wondering about this. I tried this on already cleaned data and the result was that it imported them as labelled ‘RAW’ does that mean i need to clean and filter them all again or did it simply take the already cleaned epoch and slice it up, keeping all the preprocessing?

Thanks
Josh

Hi Josh,
It keeps the data as it is and reslices it. You don’t have any additional cleaning to do.
The labeling “RAW” is not adapted here, you should read it as “data that has just been imported”. It doesn’t give any indication about the level of processing.
Francois