Error when extracting scout time series

Dear brainstorm experts,

First of all thank you for this great tool and the continuous support!
After updating brainstorm to the latest version, when I try to extract scout time-series (even when choosing the command in the pipeline editor), I get the following error:

Undefined function or variable 'BstStringListRenderer'.

Error in panel_process_select>CreatePanel/UpdateProcessOptions (line 1217)
jList.setCellRenderer(BstStringListRenderer(fontSize));

Error in panel_process_select>CreatePanel/UpdatePipeline (line 706)
UpdateProcessOptions();

Error in panel_process_select>CreatePanel/AddProcess (line 605)
UpdatePipeline(iNewProc);

Error in panel_process_select>@(h,ev)AddProcess(iProc,AddMode) (line 523)
jItem = gui_component('MenuItem', jParent, [], sProcesses(iProc).Comment, [], [], @(h,ev)AddProcess(iProc,
AddMode));

This did not seem to happen before and I wonder if it is a bug?
By the way, if I downsample my source analysis result to the atlas of choice, I can see the scout time-series from the viewer, which must mean that the series have been (correctly?) estimated.

Thank you,
Evangelos

Hi Evangelos,

Indeed that was introduced recently:
https://github.com/brainstorm-tools/brainstorm3/commit/efb2fcd483beedbc78074dc0b44199956605a86d

Did you update Brainstorm by pulling from GitHub?

Can you try to update Brainstorm from the GUI?

• Menu Update > Update Brainstorm, in the main application window.
  • Restart Matlab after updating the software.

Thank you for the prompt reply Raymundo,

Unfortunately, neither updating from the GUI fixed the problem. It persist. The version currently running in my system is 17-Mar-2022.

1 Like

I've just posted a possible fix for this issue: Bugfix: Scaled list renderers incorrectly initialized · brainstorm-tools/brainstorm3@8cf2579 · GitHub
Please update Brainstorm ad try again.

If you're still running into issues of the same type, I'd recommend you clean up completely your Brainstorm installation:

• Edit your Matlab path, and remove everything that is not related with the Matlab installation itself
  • Close Matlab
  • Delete ALL the brainstorm3 folders that you have on your computer
  • Download a new version of Brainstorm from the Download page of the website: Download - Brainstorm
  • If you have installed the program correctly (e.g. not setting up your database within the program folder) you wouldn't lose any data or your user preferences (which are in your $HOME/.brainstorm folder)

By the way, if I downsample my source analysis result to the atlas of choice,

We don't really recommend using this option "Downsample to atlas" anymore. Prefer extracting the scouts time series instead.

Same here.

Thank you Francois,

Indeed it works like a charm now!
By the way, the down-sampling to the atlas was done only to see if everything related to the atlas(es) was broken, or just the command from the pipeline editor.

In any case, once again thank you for the fast, continuous and invaluable support.
Evangelos

1 Like