How do i create a common channel file?

Hi Josh,

The number and order of the channels has to say exactly the same in:

• the channel file (field .Channel)
  • the data files (fields .F and .ChannelFlag)
    If you change one without changing the others, it cannot work, it would just damage your database.
    This is probably why you experiments of manual channel file modifications didn’t work out.
    For now you should revert to the backed-up version (copy that you did before trying to run the process, if you followed my recommendations).

The error message you got when running the process “Uniform list of channels” makes me think that is probably a bug in my code.
But it’s very hard to understand where it could come from without knowing what your database structure is.

Could you send me some data, so I could check where is the problem coming from?
The easier would be for you to send me your entire protocol (File > Export protocol > and send me the big .zip file, for instance with dropbox).
If the file is too big, you can alternatively export just two subjects for which you can reproduce the error (Right-click on a subject > File > Export subject).
If it’s still too big, make copies of your two subjects (right click > File > Duplicate subject) and delete unnecessary files, and export it.

Then send me those files with a detailed description of the operations you’re doing to get the error you posted (what files do you select, etc.)
If it’s too complicated, you can also just send me screen captures of your database explorer, and maybe I’ll be able to help just based on this.

Cheers,
Francois