How to do connectivity analysis in time-frequency data

Hello,

I had a phase-lock dataset (not time-lock), and I performed time-frequency analysis (morlet-wavelets), then source localization and average, finally ERD/ERS analyses. Now I want to do functional connectivity analysis based on the source-level time-frequency data. I tried to do with the averaged TF data("Avg,Power,FreqBands") and ERD data("Avg,Power,FreqBands-erd"), it did not work (connectivity button is gray). Could you please kindly tell me whether it is possible to do connectivity analysis in source-level time-frequency data? If yes, how to do?

Thank you very much!

@Sylvain @hossein27en ?

1 Like

Hi,

There is no function in Brainstorm to do the connectivity analysis on time-frequency data. Coherence-based approaches use the time-frequency transformation in their computation but their input is time-series (either sensor or source level).

If you have the signals in the time domain you can use functions "coherence" and "Amplitude Envelope Correlation" to find the connectivity. The first function uses FFT and the second one uses the Hilbert transform to do frequency transformation.

• Hossein
1 Like

Thank you so much for reply!

I want to use phase locking value to do source-level connectivity. My EEG dataset is not time-locked, so I analyzed it in the frequency domain. I have conducted source localization for all the 130 participants. Could you please kindly give me suggestions for the source-level connectivity?

Many thanks!

Best,
Kate