How to import other brain atlases to use as scouts

Dear Francois,

I have a follow-up question on that. When we run freesurfer for segmentation, we do not indicate what number of vertices we should end up with, at least I run mines regarding how it was explained on brainstorm tutorial https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/LabelFreeSurfer#FSAverage_template

Now I try to apply Schafer or Yeo's atlases onto my lh.pial as you describe here and I got message saying number of vertices are not matching! So question here is, you know we can define the number of vertices when we upload the freesurfer anatomy folder to brainstorm, would this make any effect on the number of vertices of already segmented surface files or does it only related to source reconstruction related definitions, I mean saying to Brainstorm how many of those vertices I want a dipole to be fitted? Sorry for asking this questions I really do not know how those things works in general really.
So do you think would it help us if I would identify the number of vertices let say as 10242 when I upload a freesurfer segmentation folder to brainstorm, so it changes the number of vertices on segmented file hence later on I can use fsaverage5 atlas? If not is there any other way of downsampling the number of vertices of our surface files to the one required for the atlas we would like to use? I would really appreciate if you could help me with that please.

Ps. I would have tried myself and see obviously but somehow I cannot upload freesurfer files to brainstorm, alhough I did before, which gives me very weird error which I do not understand the reason.
Thank you,

Isil