Internet connectivity

Dear All,
I’m a novice and I installed brainstorm 3 on a server without internet connection capabilities outside our departement (a security policy of our server managers). When I type brainstorm in the matlab shell it tries to connect:

BST> Starting Brainstorm:
BST> =================================
BST> Version: 3.0.100608 (08-Jun-2010)
BST> Checking internet connectivity…

Is it possible to use Brainstorm without internet connectivity? or shall I ask the IT people to open (some) port of the machine to the www?

Thanks in advance

anna

… well it works, after a while (trying to connect)…
is it possible to skip this stage?
thanks again
Anna

Hi Anna,

I modified the bst_startup function so that when automatic updates are turned off, the program does not check for internet connection. Update is online.
To disable the automatic updates: from the main Brainstorm window, select the menu File > Set preference…, and uncheck the “automatic updates” option.
Brainstorm should start much faster.

Francois

Hi Francois, I have installed brainstorm on a new workstation matlab 2022b on Ubuntu, but internet connectivity does not work, so I cannot download for example the new ICBM152 template or I cannot download the plugins. Do you have any suggestion on how to try to solve this problem?

I added a section to the Installation page:
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Installation#No_internet_access

Please let me know if you need additional info, or you have any comments to improve this section.

You got the point, I work in a hospital now. But we have internet connectivity on the workstation, given that I access it remotely. I am afraid that it is something related to the firewall or the permission in matlab, but I am not sure where I could check. If you give me a suggestion, I'll take a look and in case I will solve it with the IT member.
Thanks

Indeed, there are typically proxies in hospitals­, and I know it can be complicated to go through them with Matlab.
See this page: https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/import_export/proxy.html