Issues with loading EEG channel positions

Hi there,

Attached is a custom-made ICBM152 > BioSemi > BioSemi 64 10-10 channel position file.
You will find that the EEG labels and their locations are arranged in different order.

channel_BioSemi_64_10-10_RtoL_ver.1.mat (3.8 KB)

I was expecting this channel position file to produce the following result:

However the new channel position file has no effect and this is what I get instead (i.e. no difference),

How can I fix this?

Further to the above question, attached is a custom-made BDF channel position file.
This was made manually by flipping Fp1 to Fp2 and Fp2 to Fp1 (both labels and location were flipped) and exporting the BDF channels as a ".pos" file. I would like to load this position file into relevant files but the result is that there is no difference.

Label_Loc_Flipped.pos (5.0 KB)

How can I fix this?

The order remains the same, as the order of the channels is given by channel order in your data.
Importing locations, just do that, for each of the channels in your data, it gets the location from the channel position file.

I am not sure why you want to change the order of the channels.
Can you expand on what is what you want to achieve?

Thanks for that answer Raymundo,
What I want to achieve has been answered here.
Basically, I would like to flip the EEG layout from right to left (both in channel label order and the locations). The effect that I would like to get eventually is the first image shown above.

What I hoped is by using the attached custom made BioSemi 64 channel position file, that I would be able to get the EEG channel layout shown by the photo. But when you import the attached channel position file, it is not showing the desired effect shown below (even though the channel position file was made correctly to represent the below photo).

So I am looking for ways to import a channel position file that will immediately reflect what I am showing down below as a photo.
Hope that made sense.

If it's only for visualization, you can try use a custom montage with the order of the channels as you need it without having to change the order of the channels in the data.

https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/MontageEditor

For example, this custom montage will show three channels in the order: FP2, F4 and C4