Missing events with .easy or .nedf files

Hi François,

Happy new year!

I am still working on EEG data and I have an issue when I import my raw data.

My EEG data were saved with .easy and .nedf extensions since i'm using Neuroelectrics file.
To review raw file, I use "EEG: ASCII text (.)" option because there is no option for .easy file.

This step works, but the data doesn't contain any event. I checked my data with the NIC software and I have all my events. I also imported the same .easy file on EEGLAB and I have the events.

Could you help me with this issue, I would like to keep working on Brainstorm for my patients' data since I did all the analysis for the control group on Brainstorm also. :slight_smile:

Thank you!
Best, Thomas

Hi Thomas,

If there is an EEGLAB plugin for reading this file format, we should be able to add it to Brainstorm as well.
Could you please share a short example file?
(zip together all the files for a short recording session, upload it somewhere and post the download link here)

Thanks

Hi François,

Thank you for your answer.
Here is the link with an exemple of data with markers: https://we.tl/t-C23qyF5GoA

You will find 3 files:

• The .easy file contains all the data with the markers
  • The .nedf file is almost the same, but it is a binary file readable only the Neuroelectric software.
  • The .info file contains all the informations concerning the recording.

Here is a short website of NE with specific informations: Files & Formats - Neuroelectric's Wiki: https://www.neuroelectrics.com/wiki/index.php/Files_%26_Formats

Thanks

I have added the EEGLAB plugin as a Brainstorm plugin, and added the file format "EEG: Neuroelectrics (*.nedf; *.easy)" as a new file format in the Brainstorm interface.

Please update Brainstorm and linking the recordings to the database (Review raw file).
You have access to the Accelerometer values with a right-click on the data file.

Thank you François!

I will give you feedbacks in case of bugs.