NexStim electrode caps

Hi!

I am trying to perform an analysis on some data from a Nexstim data set, and used field trip to output the file in the format compatible with brainstorm. Unfortunately, I don’t have any info on which electrode cap was used. Does anyone know which electrode cap this company normally uses? I’ve been searching far and wide for info! Please let me know. :slight_smile:

Hello,

I have no idea what electrode cap are commonly used on these amplifiers.
If you know where the data was recorded, you should contact the researchers or EEG techs there and simply ask them which cap they use.
If the channels are following a 10-10 or 10-20 naming convention, it is probably reasonable to use one of the options available in the “generic” menus in Brainstorm (use the menu “Add EEG positions” and not “import channel file”).

We could add a direct support for this NexStim file format if you think this could help other researchers or clinicians. If there is code in FieldTrip to read this file, we could reuse it with some modifications in Brainstorm.
If you interested in helping us in this task, please share some example datasets with us: upload somewhere one or two short and representative examples (including triggers, annotations, all the possible interesting info), ie. on dropbox or google drive, and post the link here.

Thanks
Francois