One baseline, multiple averaged source files to obtain z-scores

Hello everyone,

I want to use the same baseline (a 4 seconds segment at the beginning of the recording) over 32 averaged source files to get their z-scores.

At the moment, it seems like I need to manually start 32 processes, pairing the baseline file with one one source file at the time. Is there a way in Brainstorm to batch process this (ie putting one baseline file and 32 source files in the process boxes)? If not, is it because it is ill-advised to do what I'm trying to do?

Thank you for your help and advise,

If you think the baseline you are using is a good baseline for the all the files you want to normalize (and this is all within one single subject), I don't think is any counter-indication to what you describe here.

For doing this with one process call only, you can use the Process2 tab: put all the files you want to normalize on the right, and 32 times the same baseline file on the left.

It might be easier to do it from a script: select the baseline file only once on the right, generate the corresponding Matlab script, and edit it to replicate the sFiles2 cell array. Something like:
sFiles2 = repmat({'...baselinefilename.mat'}, 1, 32);

Hi Francois!

It seems like your suggestion worked. Just a quick note for posterity for anyone finding this thread: the baseline goes in the left box and the files to normalize are on the right.

Thank you very much!