OpenMEEG error on first run

Hi,

I just downloaded OpenMEEG from Brainstorm to make a head model for the first time on a new computer, and I am getting the following error when I try to compute a head model:

OpenMEEG call: ./om_assemble -HM
"/home/joness/.brainstorm/tmp/openmeeg.geom"
"/home/joness/.brainstorm/tmp/openmeeg.cond"
"/home/joness/.brainstorm/tmp/openmeeg_hm.bin"

OpenMEEG error #1:
./om_assemble: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /home/joness/.brainstorm/openmeeg/linux64/libOpenMEEGMaths.so.1)
./om_assemble: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7’ not found (required by /home/joness/.brainstorm/openmeeg/linux64/libOpenMEEGMaths.so.1)

I am running Brainstorm on a Linux machine. Just let me know if you need more details.

Thanks.

Hello,
I’m forwarding the question to the developers of OpenMEEG.
Francois

Hi,

what Linux version are you using? what gcc version? just type “gcc -v”

Alex

Hi,

The Linux I am running is CentOs. Here is some version info:

$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5 (mockbuild@builder10.centos.org) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)) #1 SMP Tue Nov 9 12:54:20 EST 2010

$ cat /etc/*release
CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

The gcc version is 4.1.2 20080704:

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-redhat-linux
Configured with: …/configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada --enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --enable-plugin --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/jre --with-cpu=generic --host=x86_64-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,

I’ve run into a similar error running Brainstorm on Windows 7 (64-bit). I was trying to compute a head model in Brainstorm when I was prompted to update my copy of OpenMEEG. When I agreed to update, the updater ran briefly before crashing, leaving me with the following error:

OpenMEEG call: om_assemble -HM
"C:\Users\Labuser.brainstorm mp\openmeeg.geom"
“C:\Users\Labuser.brainstorm mp\openmeeg.cond”
“C:\Users\Labuser.brainstorm mp\openmeeg_hm.bin”

OpenMEEG error #-1073741515

Asking Brainstorm to compute the head model (using only default parameters) leads to the same error. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Avi

Hi Avi,

I had the same problem and I solved it by downloading the OpenMEEG binaries from here https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=435 and installing them with the wizard, then I copied the contents of C:\Program Files\openMEEG\bin and C:\Program Files\openMEEG\lib to C:\Users\Labuser.brainstorm\openmeeg\win64

Hope this helps,
Chad

(It wasn’t actually a Win7 64 bit system on which I had the problem, it was a Japanese 32-bit Win XP, so the directories were different for me.)

I followed what boulay did: downloaded OpenMEEG (for Linux) from their website and copied the files in /bin and /lib into .brainstorm/openmeeg/linux64, and everything is working for me now.

Great! thanks Chad!

Unfortunately, Chad’s solution didn’t work for me… I continue to get the same error after installing OpenMEEG and copying the contents of the OpenMEEG \bin and \lib folders to .brainstorm\openmeeg\win64. Is there some key difference in Windows 7 that I might have missed?

Thanks,
Avi

Hi Avi,

I forwarded your problem to the OpenMEEG developers, hopefully they will address it soon.
You should also search for more help and post the same question on the OpenMEEG mailing list:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/athena/software/OpenMEEG/index.php?page=support

Francois