Regarding spike sorting

Hi!

After importing the raw files onto Brainstorm, I tried unsupervised spike sorting, specifically kilosort, however it gives me an error - " Incorrect dimensions for matrix multiplication. Check that the number of columns in the first matrix matches the number of rows in the second matrix. To perform elementwise multiplication, use '.*'. "

When I run the WavClus then the spikes aren't visible in brainstorm.

How should I proceed? What can I do to carry out spike sorting successfully?

Can you please copy-paste the full error message you got from the Matlab command window?

@mpompolas @MartinC @Sylvain

Yeah sure, here's the error message from the MATLAB command window when I run KiloSort

** Error: [process_spikesorting_kilosort] Electrophysiology > Unsupervised Spike Sorting > KiloSort
** Line 33: *
** Incorrect dimensions for matrix multiplication. Check that the number of columns in the first matrix matches the number of rows in the second matrix. To perform elementwise multiplication, use '.*'.
** Call stack:
** >process_spikesorting_kilosort.m at 33
** >bst_process.m>Run at 230
** >bst_process.m at 37
** >panel_process1.m>RunProcess at 124
** >panel_process1.m at 26
** >gui_brainstorm.m>CreateWindow/ProcessRun_Callback at 768
** >bst_call.m at 28
** >gui_brainstorm.m>@(h,ev)bst_call(@ProcessRun_Callback) at 292
** File: wavEventMarker/@rawbyb_rec_with_eventMarker/data_0raw_byb_rec_with_eventMarker.mat

Unfortunately, this error message is not informative enough for me to help immediately.
This would be a question for the people who developed those tools:
@mpompolas @MartinC @Sylvain

However, I'm not sure they are available to work on maintaining this code.
I can try debugging your problem, but I don't have anything to start with. I'd need input data and very detailed instructions in order to reproduce the error on my end, and try to fix it.

Please try the following:

• Create a new subject in your database, and link to it a dataset as short as possible to it (in order to minimize the size of the data to ship)
  • Make sure you can reproduce the KiloSort error with it
  • Select the menu: File > Export protocol > Copy raw files to database
  • Make sure you can still reproduce the KiloSort error with it
  • Right-click on the subject > File > Export subject
  • Upload the .zip file somewhere and post the download link here
  • Post in this thread a detailed list of GUI manipulations to perform in order to reproduce the error, togheter with a screen capture of the KiloSort process options.
  • Please be patient, I might not have time to work on this immediately...