Source localization with 32 channel EEG

Hello community!
I got some polysomnographic data acquired with a 32 channel EEG. according to you, is it possible to perform some kind of accurate source localisation if i got the T1 of all the subjects with such small numbers of channels?

Thank you!

Source localization is always possible in principle: more channels is always a plus but 32 remains research standard. Now, your expectations in terms of “accurate” localization need to be guided by the neuroscience question of your study. In short, what is the purpose for doing source imaging?

Thanks Sylvain!

My final goal is to perform some connectivity over the sources instead of the channels during some sleep cycle (rem-non rem, K complex, wake etc) on a parkinson population. my sample is about 42 CTRL and 62 park. Still small but might be enough?

Thanks!
If you would be happy to answer your questions at the level of broad regions, then 32 EEG channels could provide some insight. Of course, there are many other aspects such as data quality and the size of the expected effects. Having the individual T1 volumes is a plus for sure.
Good luck and best wishes !

1 Like

Hi Sylvain,
Could you please give me the reference links that 32 remain standard research?
I want to do connectivity analysis, after source localized by sLORETA , is this affect the by a high correlation between neighboring sources?
Thank you