Using Open MEEG headmodel/ any realistic head model for FT Dipole fitting in brainstorm

Hi,

I went through the brainstorm dipole fitting tutorial and it said that the OPEN MEEG head model is not supported for ft_dipolefitting in brainstorm. However, fieldtrip allows realistic head models to be used with ft_dipolefitting. I encountered it has got to do with process_ft_dipolefitting on brainstorm which gives error

% ===== CALL FIELDTRIP =====
    % Load head model
    HeadModelMat = in_bst_headmodel(sHeadModel.FileName);
    % Convert head model
    ftHeadmodel = out_fieldtrip_headmodel(HeadModelMat, ChannelMat, iChannels);
    if strcmpi(ftHeadmodel.type, 'openmeeg')
        bst_report('Error', sProcess, sInput, 'OpenMEEG headmodel not supported for dipole fitting: Compute another head model first.');
        return;
    end

I was wondering if there's any possibility of modifying the code to see if the OPEN MEEG would work for fieldtrip dipole fitting? Or if not possible any other realistic head models that I could import in brainstorm to work with ft_dipolefitting.

Please let me know

Hi @SubratBastola, the reason to not allow using OpenMEEG headmodels is that ft_dipolefitting() is an iterative method that requires to compute the forward model at each step, thus its computation is prohibitive with OpenMEEG.

More info in these post:

:point_up: @tmedani