Using surfaces atlases that come with CAT12 when using template

Dear Brainstorm community,

I have a dataset with no individual MRIs available unfortunately.

My goal is to do a connectivity analysis using the AEC measurement between a scout of interest and remaining scouts.

From what I have gathered, using an atlas with fewer regions, and in turn large scouts, is not recommended due to the loss of information in these scouts.

Accordingly, I was hoping to use the Schaefer atlas with one of the higher parcellation schemes.

Because I am using the ICBM152 template for all my participants, can I still somehow get the Schaefer atlas imported using CAT12? Would I simply run the CAT12 segmentation on my default anatomy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Paul

Because I am using the ICBM152 template for all my participants, can I still somehow get the Schaefer atlas imported using CAT12? Would I simply run the CAT12 segmentation on my default anatomy?

Yes, you could try that.
I haven't tested it myself, please let us know if works as expected.

If it goes wrong, you can restore the initial ICBM152 template with a right-click on Default anatomy > Use template > MNI > ICBM152.

Hi Francois,

thanks for the reply. I tried it, and did some preliminary work with the scouts, and all seems to be working fine.

Cheers,
Paul

Note that I've just made a few changes to the code, please see this other forum thread.
It includes the reports for an execution of CAT on the ICBM152 template from Brainstorm.