Database and protocol errors

I suddenly lost connection to protocols within the database. I’ve tried reloading the protocol and it gave me the following error:
DB_FIX> There were errors in protocol “EarPlug_ASSR”. You should reload the database…

Next, I tried to re-establish the connection with the database using the select database folder option, and I got this error:

** Error: The folder you selected is probably a protocol folder:
** P:\CBCS\CSD-ASSL\Matlab\brainstorm_db
** The database folder is designed to contain multiple protocol folders.
** Please select a valid database folder.

How can I regain access to my data? All of the files and folders are still there, but Brainstorm won’t launch them.

Thanks!
Ann

I resolved the protocol errors and was able to get it reloaded! However, we continue to have a problem designating our existing brainstorm_db folder as the location of the database. Even with new Brainstorm installs on new computers, when prompted for the location of the database, it will not accept our existing folder as the database folder but instead gives the error that it is a protocol folder. Is there some file that is not being updated correctly?

Thanks!
Ann

If you get this error, it is probably because at some point you used the your brainstorm_db folder as a protocol folder. There are probably some files that you need to delete in order to fix the existing errors.

Check the path to the anat and data folders for all the protocols carefully. It should look like this (with no extra files):
http://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/CreateProtocol#Database_files
http://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/ExploreAnatomy#On_the_hard_drive:_MRI

In case of doubt, you can reset Brainstorm (menu File > Edit preferences), select the same brainstorm_db folder, do NOT reload all the protocols, and then load only the protocols you need with the menu File > Load from folder.

I will go through each protocol folder to make sure the anat and data folders are clean. Hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks again!