Phase Amplitude Coupling

Could you please help me with the steps to calculate the phase amplitude coupling strength of the signal with same frequency different location ?

1 Like

Could you explain more? What do you mean by different locations? (Different channels? Different vertices? …)

(The general steps are explained here: http://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/TutPac)

1 Like

Now i have EEG data taken from 23 electrode locations. i need to calculate the phase amplitude coupling strength of different electrode locations and same frequency band.

You should simply bring down your sensor level data, and as explained in the tutorial go to Run> Frequency > time-resolved PAC > tPAC.

If you already have a hypothesis about the exact bands which are coupled to each other (fA and fP bands) and you are only interested in a single band for fA (do not look for comodulogram to see the dominant coupling or already computed it), you can enter the bands and select single band (for fA). Then, after computation of PAC. You can double click on results to see how PAC changes in time for each channel, or right click on it and select 2D sensor cap or 3D sensor cap for seeing the topography.

If you have several trials, you can average them (Run> Frequency > time-resolved PAC > Average) and then open the topography of the averaged PAC across trials. Note that you can see the topography for each separate time point.

You can also see the topography of preferred phase of coupling: right clicking on output file > DynamicNesting map > 2D cap.