Remove Scouts from Figure script

Hi,

I’m visualizing some surface data stored in the database using the nogui option using the following code:

DummyFileDB = bst_process(‘CallProcess’, ‘process_select_files_results’, [], [], ‘subjectname’, … ‘Group_analysis’, ‘condition’,‘SAMPLE_FOLDER’, ‘tag’, ‘Sample_Source_File’);
fn=DummyFileDB .FileName;
[hFig] = script_view_sources(fn, ‘cortex’);

Everything works fine except for the fact that I’m not able to remove the scouts (and labels) from the figure (which makes it difficult to observe the results).

I tried panel_scout(‘RemoveScoutsFromFigure’) and other options without success. It seems as I cannot get access to the Scouts panel controls: (ctrl = bst_get(‘PanelControls’, ‘Scout’); isempty(ctrl); return; end;). The only thing that seems to work is to set the transparency level to 1 (using “panel_scout(‘SetScoutTransparency’,hFig)” since this is not using bst_get(‘PanelControls’, ‘Scout’) ).

Is there any workaround? or I simply need to use the gui mode?

Thanks
Marc

Hi Marc,

I think you just need to select an atlas that has no scouts.
You can open the surface once, select an empty atlas, close the surface. Next time you open the surface or the associated source files, you won’t see the scouts.

You can do the same programmatically with panel_scout(‘SetCurrentAtlas’, iAtlas), use iAtlas=1 for “User scouts”, after opening the file.
Or you can directly edit the field iAtlas in the cortex file: http://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/ExploreAnatomy#On_the_hard_drive:_Surface

Cheers,
Francois