A way to segment the original EEG data

Hello!
I wonder if there is a way to segment the original EEG data according to time series. For example, I want to extract 10 minutes from a one-hour data for separate analysis, but I hope the segmented data can have the same operation function as the original data in brainstorm.
I hope my question didn't waste your time! I read the tutorials related to epochs and event on the website, but they didn't fit my needs very well.
Best wishes!

You can right-click on any file that is currently linked or imported into the Brainstorm database > Import in database, and select a time window to extract.
If you want the imported file to behave link a "Link to raw file" instead of an imported epoch (e.g. scrolling in time), you can right-click on the imported file > Review as raw.

If you have not read all the introduction tutorials yet, I recommend you start by following all the tutorials in the section "Get started", at least until #19 included, before trying to process your own recordings. Use the example dataset provided instead of your own recordings.
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials#Get_started
Once done, read the tutorial "EEG & Epilepsy", which gives additional information about EEG:
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/Epilepsy

Thank you for your reply. I have tried according to what you said, but there are still some doubts. I have imported the raw data file and generated a "Link to raw file". I want to segment the time series based on this Link with an event as the starting point and still want the imported file to behave link a "Link to raw file" instead of an imported epoch (e.g. scrolling in time). Because I need to segment based on some event as the reference point, so maybe right-click on the imported file > Review as raw can't reach my goal?
Best wishes!

1. Link your files to the database ("Review raw file")
  2. Epoch your data ("Import in database") = cut it in blocks of interest
  3. If you need again the imported blocks to be available as "continuous files", right-click > "Review as raw".

If you still have doubts about what to do: please post screen captures illustrating your data and your questions.

Thank you for your reply! My problem has been solved. I did not understand the third step yesterday. Thank you again!