About ERP Trigger Logs

I have a question regarding the ERP event. When I check the "Import databese" for the triggers of events, they appear in the "Event selection". However, when I look in the "Channel file" there is no channel for the event. In this case, where are the event triggers located? Also, how do I add an event to a channel? Sincerely yours.

Depending on your raw data, events (aka markers or triggers) can be saved in a channel, in a separate file, or can be obtained from processing the data (e.g. using rising/falling edges, thresholds, etc). Once the raw data is linked to Brainstorm, the events in the raw files are copied to the raw file in Brainstorm.

Channel events can be handled as indicated in this link:
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/EventMarkers#Channel_events

1 Like

Dr. Raymundo.Cassani

Thank you for contacting me. As per the site you provided
Right-click anywhere on the figure > Add/delete channel event
but it did not add the channel for the event to the channel file. We would appreciate your further solution. Please see attached file for more details.

Sincerely yours

Detected Triggers.pdf (252.3 KB)

It seems there is some confusion:

For EDF files, all the triggers/markers are stored in the Annotations "channel". This is not a channel as the others, it does not contain a time series, it contains text information on the triggers. As such, for EDF files, Brainstorm reads the trigger data in Annotations and store it as events in Brainstorm, this is the reason there is not an Synch channel.

The channel event option is not to create a channel with the events. But to create events that are not defined for all the channels. E.g., a spike occurring in only in one EEG channel.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I understand that all channels have triggers/events on them and that Brainstorm reads the ones on "Annotation". Therefore, I will treat "Annotation" as a trigger/event channel from now on.

Sincerely yours