Add 'min duration between two events' option to 'Detect events above threshold'

Hi, in the process Detect events above threshold, (detecting extended events) it would be helpful to be able to adjust the minimum duration between two events, like in the simple event version Detect custom events. I was trying to detect multiple extended events separated by 5-10 ms, and they were all combined into one long event.

I was trying to detect multiple extended events separated by 5-10 ms, and they were all combined into one long event.

The process Detect events above threshold creates extended events everywhere the signal is above a given threshold, there is no notion of repeated detection.
If you obtain one long event, it means that the values do not go below the threshold between the beginning and the end of the created event.

Make sure you do not have extra parameters than alters your interpretation of this detection (especially the band-pass filter...)

If you have an example where this is not the case, please post it here.
(zip the importede data_...mat file + channel.mat file, upload the zip somewhere, post the download link here).

It does have a hard coded feature that if the events are separated 20 ms, the get merged into one.
We could move that hard coded value to the GUI. Here

It does have a hard coded feature that if the events are separated 20 ms, the get merged into one.

Ooops, sorry for my wrong answer... I checked with a sinusoid with a period > 20ms without looking into the code...

We could move that hard coded value to the GUI

Sure. Do you want to do it?

Sure, I'll take it

This feature added in b1dc953

Thanks both!