Application of ICA on EEG in different frequency bands

Hi everyone,

To reduce various artifacts in EEG, ICA has been widely used. I recently found that some people apply ICA twice to remove low-frequency components such as eye blinks and high-frequency components such as muscle artifacts, etc., separately, but I am not sure whether or not it's efficient, because the one-time application of ICA on the full-band EEG works well to remove various artifact components at the same time, and the two-time application takes more time and resources.

I wonder what people think about this approach. Is there any potential advantage like that we can improve the decomposition performance of ICA by separately applying ICA on EEGs in different frequency bands?

Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately we do not have enough experience with ICA to address this question correctly.
I'd recommend you look for this information in the rich literature about ICA, or by posting a message on the EEGLAB mailing list.

If you find interesting answers, please post the references here, it will definitely help other users (and the developers)! - Thanks