Average time options

I was looking for a way to compute a source image of induced activity or broadband power over a time window. What I call induced (as opposed to evoked) is non-phase-locked activity, e.g. by taking the square of activity before averaging (and optionally sqrt after). For event-related activity, some people might also subtract the averaged evoked signal from each trial before computing the induced activity. For non-event task (rest, watching movie, listening to music, etc.), it can be useful to look at activity across the entire recording at once.

I could use the Matlab process to square, but this would mean saving an intermediate file of nSources x nSamples, which would be very large and slow. And isn't this a very common thing to do? While "average file" has lots of options, including rms, "average time" has no such option.

So unless there's another way I just didn't find, could I request adding power or rms, or indeed all the other options from "average file" to "average time"?

Thanks!

could I request adding power or rms, or indeed all the other options from "average file" to "average time"?

Why not. You can check in process_average.m and bst_avg_files.m how this is done, and implement something similar in process_average_time.m.

You could also do this easily with the process Pre-process > Run Matlab command.

Does this work for you?
https://github.com/brainstorm-tools/brainstorm3/commit/975dd57a38bb27a8bffc0794aed8c94b5ed4372a