Brainstorm crashes when applying montage

Hi,

I'm trying to apply a montage to EEG files that I've run with a bandpass and notch filter. However, both Brainstorm and Matlab quit with no error message when I attempt to apply the montage. Any suggestions for how to fix?

Thank you!

Hey Dustine,

Welcome to the brainstorm forum, could you supply us with a bit of more information. Like the kind of montage etc. Matlab usually doesn't quit by itself, that is strange.

Kind regards,
Steven

What do you mean with "Apply a montage".
Is it using the process "Apply montage"? In a time series view? in a topography view?

If Matlab crashes, this is most likely not a Brainstorm issue, but rather a Matlab issue.
You should be able to find a Matlab crash report somewhere on your hard drive (the location depends on your operating system, google for help for finding it, or contact the Mathworks support).
Post this crash dump here, this might help understanding the issue.

A typical cause for Matlab crashing is using unstable graphics drivers.
Updating the drivers of your graphics card is something you could try.

Hi Francois,

Yes, we're using the apply montage process in a time series view. I discovered that it works when the database directory is on an external hard drive, but not when it was in a folder on my hard drive linked to Dropbox.

I was previously accessing the Dropbox database folder from both a mac and PC. Could this have caused the issue?

Thanks!

I was previously accessing the Dropbox database folder from both a mac and PC. Could this have caused the issue?

It could be... the Matlab crash dump could give some indications on which functions crash.
If you identified the problem (source of the storage), you can work on a solution.