CAT12 New Version segmentation problem

Dear users,

Since the update to version 2166, it is impossible to segment with CAT12. I run into the following error message :

> SPM preprocessing 1 (estimate 1 - TPM registration):              Warning: Matrix is singular to working precision. 
> Please update SPM12!
> Warning: Matrix is singular to working precision. 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> CAT Preprocessing error for LA22:
> Index exceeds the number of array elements. Index must not exceed 1.
>    95 - loadbuf
>    26 - spm_maff8
>   296 - cat_run_job_APRGs
>   940 - cat_run_job1639
>    40 - cat_run_newcatch
>  1170 - run_job
>   706 - cat_run
>    29 - cfg_run_cm
>  1717 - local_runcj
>   972 - cfg_util
>   469 - fill_run_job
>   247 - spm_jobman
>   359 - Compute
>   442 - ComputeInteractive
>    28 - process_segment_cat12
>    28 - bst_call
>  3086 - @(h,ev)bst_call(@process_segment_cat12,'ComputeInteractive',iSubject,iAnatomy)

At the end , I have this,

Item 'Central Surfaces', field 'val': Number of matching files (0) less than required (1).
23-Jan-2023 11:40:49 - Failed to update inputs for 'Extract additional surface parameters'
Error using harvest
Dependencies resolved, but not suitable for this item.
In item Central Surfaces:
Dependency 1: CAT12: Segmentation (current release): Left Central Surface (out(1).lhcentral(:))

In file "harvest.m" (v5678), function "harvest" at line 47.

No executable modules, but still unresolved dependencies or incomplete module inputs.
The following modules did not run:
Skipped: Extract additional surface parameters

It seems to be a CAT12 issue, as i tried to run CAT12 separately, and as a brainstorm plugin to no avail. I updated SPM and CAT12, used only the plugins or the non Brainstorm version, same error. Do you have an idea of what is causing it?

Best

Damien

I could not reproduce the errors you reported. On my end, CAT12 v2166 works well.

Please copy-paste here the output of the command ver in Matlab.

Can you share an example MRI? Zip it, upload it somewhere, and post the download link here. If the volume is not defaced and cannot be publicly shared, send the link as a private message to me and to @CGaser.

@CGaser Any suggestion?

Thank you for the reply,

Indeed, after further check, it seems to be a patient related issue. The weird part is Brainsuite works well for this patient, but not CAT12. I am sorry for the inconvenience, I will see whether I can pinpoint the issue.