Co-registration issue with importing .pos after the new update

Hi,

We are facing an issue when importing a .pos file for co-registration o after updating to the new update.

When we import the file and align it to the MRI we get the electrodes with a 90-degree shift and the refine for the head point positions doesn't sort it.

This works well in older versions.

How can we solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Tamir
McGill

Hi,

We are facing an issue when importing a .pos file for co-registration of the electrodes after updating to the new update, we get it with a 90-degree shift and the refine for the head point positions doesn't sort it.

This worked well in older versions.

How can we solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Tamir
McGill

Please upload your .pos file somewhere and post the download link here.

Include more background:

• How do you generate this file?
  • How do you you use it?

Include more details about the change:

• What are the versions of Brainstorm before and after
  • Can you still run the older version of Brainstorm to validate it still works?
  • How did you decide this change was not due to other modifications on your computer, in your import sequence, or in the file?

PS: Please avoid posting multiple times the same questions on different channels, it won't make us answer faster - thanks

Hello,

I'm sorry for the duplicate messages , I tried to delete the older post in order to post here on Bugs but I couldn't delete so i flagged it.

Here is a link to the file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AI5Yf0hqUXqEhBsG-8kzl5Y-gu2MBM0Q/view?usp=sharing , which was generated using brainstorm digitizer, and I import it using the add points option.

The current version is aug-18 2021 which doesn't work now, the last one I had from Jan2021 which still does work.

I think it's the new version because I have the 2 versions on the same computer the older one still works and the new one does not (I'm using the same import sequence).

Let me know if this is there is more information needed

Here is a link to the MRI, EDF and position file

Thanks in advance,
Tamir

Thanks for the example files.

Earlier this year, I added an option to import sensor positions in "World coordinates" (https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/CoordinateSystems#World_coordinates). It corresponds to the new question "There is a transformation to subject coordinates available in the MRI. Would you like to use it?". If you answer YES, it ignores the fiducials locations and uses the original MRI coordinate system.
Answer NO instead, and it would use the fiducials as it did previously.

I added a sentence to the dialog box for more clarity:
Bugfix: Clearer message for using world coordinates in channel import · brainstorm-tools/brainstorm3@6e50527 · GitHub

With the files you sent me, I get this when clicking NO:

Does it solve your problem?

1 Like

It does! Thank you so much!

Tamir