Custom plugins for brainstrom MCR version

Is it possible to use custom plugins with the compiled MCR version of Brainstorm?

I have downloaded and installed the MCR and successfully launched Brainstorm with MCR (using Mac OS). At startup, my custom plugins are detected in /Users/me/.brainstorm/process but all report “Invalid plug-in function”. These plugin functions work perfectly with Brainstorm when it is started from within Matlab proper and not with the MCR. Is there something different that must be done to write plugins that work with the MCR version of Brainstorm, or is it just not possible to use custom plugins since they would also need to be compiled into the Brainstorm jar file that MCR launches?

Hello,
Unfortunately, this is a limitation imposed by the Matlab Compiler. From a compiled program, you can only run Matlab code that was compiled at the same time.
If you want to use or distribute your plugin functions in the compiled Brainstorm version, you would have to send them to me and I would have to include them in the main Brainstorm distribution.
Francois