Deface - permanent?

I would like to share a project with the public, and would like to ensure de-identification of the subject.
The project already had the subject's freesurfer anatomy folder loaded, and all source analysis completed. After completing all analysis, I clicked "Deface anatomy". Is my project de-identified now?

Under anatomy, I can see "MRI" as well as "MRI | deface". Should I delete "MRI" and its file?
"bem_head" doesn't look identifiable.
Of course I am using a subject number, not name, to label a subject.

Defacing the subject's MRI and removing the original head surfaces should be enough in terms of anatomical features. The bem_head should be smooth enough, but this depends who evaluates it. The level of feature removal to achieve is something that only your ethics board is competent for.

In terms of Brainstorm database, you should be careful with additional information that might be stored in files: information that was read from the headers of the files you imported in the database, and paths to the original files which may include the participant's name.

Check the contents of a file by right-clicking on it > File > View file contents. Explore all the fields to make sure there is no identity information available in there (original file names that were not anonymized, date of birth...). The file history is visible in there as well, unless it is large. To display the full text from the History field, right-click on a file > File > View file history.
The files you should check are particularly the MRI and the links to the continuous MEG/EEG recordings.

If you find information that you should remove: load the file, set the corresponding field to an empty string '', and save it back. You can do this either with the Matlab load/save functions, or with the Brainstorm menus Export to Matlab / Import from Matlab.
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/Scripting#Custom_processing

Thank you.
Should I manually delete "MRI"?
There are "MRI" as well as "MRI deface" in Anatomy.

The original head surface appears to have been removed automatically as part of the 'deface anatomy'.
There are no identifiers in the files/paths since we don't use identifiers for saving the data in the first place.

Yes, you need to remove the original MRI.
If you don't, it's easy to extract the head surface from the MRI, and many people can be identified with their face reconstructed in this way.

Note that if you work on Linux and have FreeSurfer or mri_convert installed, you should have access to more options for the defacing. On windows, only the SPM defacing is available (a single plane that cuts the volume in two), which does not always work.