The filter bank of the PAC analysis changed accordingly.
We did not consider maintaining the older version in the code, as we did not want to keep to versions of the filtering functions, because of the confusion it would bring in the interface and in the code.
If you want a strict reproduction of the old PAC results, you can use that older version of Brainstorm, but except for the strict reproducibility of published results, we don't recommend it.
I have just seen the post. Sorry I was not much involved in maintaining PAC after this filter update. I think it could be a serious problem which needs close attention (not sure what changed there but would be great to double check everything related to this filter process). @Sylvain: could someone from the lab double check it please? Thank you!
The PR is now merged. You can update Brainstorm and try again.
The tPAC computation should now use the older implementation of the filters and produce exactly the same results as before, and as illustrated in the tutorials.
@Sylvain's team is now investigating why this change of filter implementation caused such important differences in the tPAC evaluation.
We have fixed the issues reported in this thread -- thank you for your kind patience and please update your Brainstorm version.
The results are now similar to those from the original documentation.
We have also added a new parameter that helps define the frequency resolution of the band of interest for the nested oscillations (frequency for amplitude). It can help refine the identification of the PAC modes in the data.
As before, the PAC time-frequency representations can be smoothed using the visualization panel.