Error: Export to file

Dear Brainstorm Experts:

I have done some ERF analysis by Brianstorm; however,
I meet some problem export my result to file (for figuring out the value of amplitude at some specific time). I posted a few screen captures showing the problems.

Thank you very much for your help.

Yours,
James

The menu Snapshots>Export to file saves what is in the graphics window. For high sampling rates, the signals are downsampled before being displayed, and this function does not have access to the original files.

In general, it is not recommended to export the signals from the visualization windows. Instead, right-click on the file in the database explorer > File > Export to file. If you want to process the values directly in Matlab, you can simply load the file with the appropriate reading function (Matlab load or a higher-level Brainstorm function).
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/Scripting

If this signal is not saved in a file, extract the signal with a process first, as recommended in the error message (Extract scout time series or Extract cluster)

Dear Francois,
We have hit the same problem. Or similar... we want to extract valid fragments of a EEG. We want to select these intervals, and import them to database then concatenate them all to perform a FFT analysis. The same error appears. In previous versions we could select fragments and then add them however. It is very practique to see and extract visually.

What do you recomend? install a previous version? is there anything to do with the new version of matlab? (i'm running the 14-jul-2021 version). With a matlab runtime of 2020a.

Thanks

There was a bug in the code, preventing the export even when the time series are not downsampled for display. I fixed this in this commit:

Make sure you also disable the downsampling option in the Brainstorm preferences:

Please update Brainstorm and try again.

Be careful with additional modifiers of the signals (frequency filters, ICA cleaning, re-referencing, DC offset removal...). All the display modifications are applied in the new database files. For example, if you have online filters still selected when displaying the new files, it would apply the same filters a second time...