Error Message: Adding EEG Positions

Hi there,

I am a new Brainstorm user, but I believe I have found a bug when adding EEG positions. My Brainstorm version is up to date and my MATLAB version is R2016a.

After having created a new subject and reviewing the raw file, I tried to add EEG positions using a custom EEG channel file: BrainProducts ActiCap 64. As you can see in the screenshot I included, when adding EEG positions by right-clicking the 'Brain Amp Channels' node nested inside my raw file, I get the error message: No channel matching the loaded cap.

When adding EEG positions by right-clicking the raw file itself and selecting 'Use default EEG cap', I get no such problem, however.

Bennet

Hello,

The menu “Add EEG positions” matches the EEG channels in the file and the position of the electrodes using the names of the electrodes, then it adds the 3D locations to the existing channel file. If you get the message “No channel matching”, it is because the names you have in your EEG file do not match the names in the template. Look at these names to understand why, then select a different template with the correct electrode name.

The menu “Use default EEG cap” deletes the existing channel file and replaces it with the template channel file you select. This is not recommended because if the order of the channels is different in your file and in the template, you will end up with channels with wrong labels. It does not adapt to you file, and deletes other information saved in the channel file (registration information, SSP/ICA projectors…).

Cheers,
Francois

Hello,
I have the same problem with the error "No channel matching the loaded cap", when I want to add EEG positions using a custom EEG channel file: BrainProducts ActiCap 64.
I appreciate helping me solve this problem.
Reyhan

The channel names in your recordings do not match the Brainstorm template.
Check the electrodes names in your recordings (the channel created by default when importing your recordings) and in the template (create an empty folder, set the channel file for this empty folder, edit it to check the electrode names)

Thank you so much!

How to add if my recording is having electrode difference potential (Bipolar montage values) ?

You can't import electrodes positions or do any source estimation with Brainstorm if your recordings are saved as bipolar values.

Get back to the original recordings saved by your acquisition device (probably with a common reference), and import that one into Brainstorm, then define your bipolar montage in Brainstorm.