Error when importing MRI anatomy

Hi everybody, I'm reporting this error (see attachment) that I encounter systematically when trying to import the MRI anatomy of the subject. I have absolutely no clue why this keeps happening; of course, I've tried to download previous versions of Matlab to check for compatibility issues, but still getting the same error with each version.
Can anyone help?

Please provide more context about the formats of the files you wish to import.

There are a bunch of files with multiple formats in the anatomy folder (.log / .jpg/ .tif/ .pial/ .ctab etc.). I can hardly list them all...

Make sure you select the proper format for the files you are importing from the pull-down menu of Brainstorm when you indicate which file to import. It seems the structural MRI data have been imported properly but that the error occurs when trying to import the surface files for the head tissues. How did you obtain these latter, using which software?

@filippoc, are your files the results of running FreeSurfer?
From the error message, it seems there is an issue with one of the .annot files

Could you share a sample file that causes the issue, to understand what is going on?
Upload the file somewhere and post the download links either here or in a direct message.