Error with ICMB 2022/2023 template

Hi!

I just wanted to report a bug that I have found. When trying to compute a OpenMEEG head model using a template (ICBM 2022 or ICBM 2023), the process return an error saying that some vertices of my cortex are outside the brain.

If I use the ICBM 2019 template everything goes smooth, so I guess that there are some problems with the newer versions of the template.

Hope this helps!

PS: This happens when performing a Cortex headmodel

Thank you for reporting this.

I created a new template ICBM152_2023b with updates innerskull, outerskull and cortex surfaces that do not produce errors with OpenMEEG.
Please update Brainstorm, replace the template in your database, run OpenMEEG again, and let me know how this works.

Hi Francois,

After updating and so on, I have realised:

1. The ICBM152 2023b works great
  2. I no longer have ICBM152 2023 version (without "b")
  3. The ICBM152 version (with no additional tags, the first one in the list), displays the name "ICBM152 2023" when importing it. It is neither the 2023b version, as it contains less files, nor the previous 2023 version, as it allows the computation of the head model. This is not a bug, but I found it a bit strange so I mention it just in case.

I hope this insights are meaningful for you.

Furthermore, I think I have found another bug. Let's say I created a protocol, but no subject is included. If I open Brainstorm in this protocol (i.e., in the "tab" corresponding to this project) the starting process crashes. To fix it you have to detach and re-attach the database, otherwise it will crash forever.

Thank you very much!

I've just fixed this. Next time you update Brainstorm, when you select "ICBM152" or "ICBM152_2023b", the MRI file should be labelled "MRI: ICBM152 2023b"

It is neither the 2023b version, as it contains less files, nor the previous 2023 version, as it allows the computation of the head model.

Both "ICBM152" and "ICBM152_2023b" refer to the same thing, but in "ICBM152" some surface files are removed to reduce the size of the Brainstorm distribution package. This is documented here:
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/DefaultAnatomy#FreeSurfer_templates

I hope this insights are meaningful for you.

Yes, all your reports have been very helpful for improving the software. Please keep on reporting anything unexpected.

Furthermore, I think I have found another bug. Let's say I created a protocol, but no subject is included. If I open Brainstorm in this protocol (i.e., in the "tab" corresponding to this project) the starting process crashes. To fix it you have to detach and re-attach the database, otherwise it will crash forever.

I cannot reproduce this.
Can you please describe step by step what you are doing to reproduce this error (including screen capture at every step)?
Thanks

Thank you very much for the explanations Fraincois!

I've been trying to reproduce the error, but I have been unable (I deleted the problematic protocols yesterday...). However, I have already had this problem a couple of times, so I will probably find this problem again in the future. I will let you know when this happens, providing the steps for reproducing the error.

Thank you again!
VĂ­ctor