Events deleted: unknown cause

Hi Francois,

I had marked all events and imported epochs from a subject's MEG. When I returned a few days later (yesterday), all events were mysteriously gone. It only affected this one subject. Possibly relevant information is that I had just updated Brainstorm.

Can you think of any reason this may have happened?

Thanks

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

No, I'm sorry I have no idea why this could have happened. If you have imported epochs based on these events, the problem is not that you closed the file without saving.
Is it really in the same file that you have marked the events? If you had a raw continuous file and a pre-processed file (eg. after applying frequency filters), it is easy to open and add event to the wrong file (the raw instead of the pre-processed). If you have deleted the original file, you would have no trace of the events you marked...

I don't think any recent of Brainstorm would change the way the events are handled in the continuous file. If you can reproduce this problem in the future, I could maybe try to reproduce it on my end and fix it.

You don't have any red error messages showing up in your Matlab command window when you open the file, do you?

François

Hi François,

The files contained events obtained in several different ways. In my workflow, I get triggers, detect analog triggers, combine stim/response, and then add additional events with scripts and then file->add events from file. I also have blink events from eog. All of the events of all types were gone: as if someone had opened up the data file and set F.events = 0 (which did not happen).

Luckily I did have copies of almost all the events, so I was able to restore the data without much issue. I don't recall any warnings, but now that the events have been restored I can't check.

Hopefully won't happen again, but I'll let you know if it does. Thanks!

Sarah