Extracting EEG signals from MEG file

Hello,
I have been given some MEG files (4D imaging format) and I am trying to figure out if there is a way to extract the EEG from them so I can send them to another person. I am new to brainstorm and not sure if I might have missed this topic in the tutorial or the forums.
Thanks for your help,
Kwaku

Hi Kwaku,
This is possible, you need first to read first these files by Brainstorm and then extract only the EEG.
what is the format of your files?
in order to do it with Brainstorm, it should be one of the formats that are supported by Brainstorm: https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Introduction#Supported_file_formats
and then you need to follow the introduction tutorials

This is no so straightforward to do...
First you'd need to learn how to access the recordings in Brainstorm (for that, follow the introduction tutorials until #15).
Use the popup menu "Import MEG/EEG" to import the signals you are interested in.
The files will be available as .mat files in the database, you can extract the EEG signals only with a few lines of Matlab code:

Hi Takfarinas,
The format of my files is in BTi/4D Neuroimaging format and is supported. The last part of your message was cut off/ I am unable to see what I would have to follow after opening up brainstorm. Thanks for your reply.

Kwaku

Hi Francois,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try this out.

Kwaku

hi, sorry, yes, something was missing, now corrected,
mainly you need to follow the introduction tutorials as Francois pointed it to.