Geodesic distance

Dear All,

Is there a way to calculate the geodesic distance between two points on the full or downsampled cortical surfaces in brainstorm?
Thanks
Octavian

Dear Octavian,

I did not find any easy to use and fast enough function to calculate the geodesic distance between two points on the cortex.
I looked into that the last time I worked on the process “Sources > Spatial smoothing”, but I ended up not adding any function like that in Brainstorm, preferring a much faster approximation based on the average between the Euclidean distance and the distance following the shortest path between nodes of the mesh.

Francois

Dear Francois,

Thank you, as always. Could you point to the portion of the code that does the hybrid calculation you mentioned?
Octavian.

You can select the process “Sources > Spatial smoothing”, then leave your mouse for a few second over the process name in the pipeline editor window, it will tell you what file corresponds to the process. Then look in the “Compute” function.

I was curious if there has been any progress on this functionality.
Thanks
Stephen

No, sorry…

Dear Francois,

just was curious as to whether there's any update with regards to this topic of computing the geodesic distance between two points on the cortex within Brainstorm?

Best,
Paul

No, no updates at the moment.