Head mask/MRI after importing

Hello Francois,

I sometimes have these weird artifact appearing after importing a freesurfer folder.

1. head mask with extra "skin" layers / skull deformities ?
  2. CAT12 segmentation with bottom filled as if it was also skin.

However when I take a look at the MRI I see none of those and the quality is good.

Interesting is that when I import the same MRI but segmented with brainsuite I do not see these "artifacts".

For one of old post back in 17' , you mentionned to "right-click on the MRI > Compute head surface", but I don't see this option in brainstorm now, and is it a problem with the MRI or am I doing something wrong unpon importation from FS.

Thank you

I sometimes have these weird artifact appearing after importing a freesurfer folder.

There is some artifact in your MRI scan: right-click on one of the slices in the MRI Viewer and move your mouse up, you will see that the intensity is much higher around the chin.
Unfortunately, I can't help you with this. You need to ask the FreeSurfer or CAT12 developers how to pre-process the MRI to get rid of this bias before processing it.
Or if it works with BrainSuite, then maybe use BrainSuite instead.
@CGaser @Anand_Joshi ?

you mentioned to "right-click on the MRI > Compute head surface", but I don't see this option in brainstorm now

It is named "Generate head surface" now.

Hello Francois,

Sorry, just catching up on the my previous posts in the forum.

Thank you for the advice (using another segmentation tool, and generate head surface) help alot.

Thanks