Headmodel with EEG questions

Hi @tmedani

Thank you for your answer.

Could you share the MRI?

I have rerun it on a Mac desktop with everything newest(Brainstorm, Simnibs). The result now looks good as the FEM mesh is perfectly aligned with T1. I presume the misalignment issue was related to the output from Simnibs version 2.1 Probably it is too old and I also needed to add an additional argument to the command in Brainstorm function process_fem_meshin order to run CAT12 within the external Simnibs process.

This error appear when you have the cortex nodes (source space) not aligned with the FEM mesh, and I think it's your case,
if you display the FEM mesh and the cortex, you can check it.

A second possible issue is when you have holes in the FEM mesh, in this case, you need to re-mesh the head from the extracted surfaces using iso2mesh option (included in also within brainstorm)
[right click on FEM mesh=> extract surfaces,
then select all the extracted surfaces (hold the shift key)
=> right-click ==> generate FEM mesh => select Iso2mesh, and reduce the maxvol to 0.01 or less.

This will generate a new FEM mesh free from possible mesh holes, then recompute the forward model DUNEuro.

The computer is still running, I will try to computer head model later with the correctly aligned FEM mesh. I'd let you know if the problem still exists. Your suggestion is much appriciated.