How to contribute with a new process

Hello everybody!
I'm a ICT engineeering student at UTIU Uninettuno. For my thesis I developed a Brainstorm plugin which extracts S1 (or M1) area from an EEG, applying the Functional Source Separation and using the Simulated Annealing algorithm implemented in Matlab. With my supervisor and co-supervisors support, I tested my code and it seems to be stable and functional. Now, the main goal is to publish my code in official Brainstorm distribution: do you think it's worth it? And, in that case, how should I behave?
Thanks in advance for every answer...
Rosario

1 Like

Thank you for reaching out.
We try to curate tools that have been peer-reviewed and published before they are part of the distribution.
That being said, and meanwhile, you may want to distribute your tool yourself as a Brainstorm plugin. @Raymundo.Cassani is away this week but he will get back to you asap with specific guidance in that regards

1 Like

Thank you for your quick answer. I'll wait for @Raymundo.Cassani. :wave:

Hi @rosarioribecco

In the meantime, while @Raymundo.Cassani is out, you can start by following these steps :

The first step we recommend is to go through the process of creating the user process, you can find further details on to contribute here: https://github.com/brainstorm-tools/bst-users

It would also be great if you have any related publications or documentation to help understand the process and how the brainstorm user can reproduce it.

Hi, @tmedani
thanks a lot for your suggestions. I have only a few questions.

I'm writing the README.md file to submit with the process_...m file and the screenshot of the GUI... did you mean that?

The result of this step is the process file, isn't it?

Should I start with the GitHub Flow, at least the first five steps?
Thank you in advance for your answers
Rosario

Hi @rosarioribecco

yes either a readme or any document that we will refer to later, it can also be a tutorial page.
We will decide later after reviewing the process.

The result of this step is the process file, isn't it?

It can be any file that is supported by Brainstorm.
What are the current outputs/data format of your process,?

Should I start with the GitHub Flow, at least the first five steps?

Yes, or you can also refer to this page to get more help and examples:
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/TutUserProcess

Hi @tmedani
Thank you for your suggestions! I'm going to follow them!
By the way, the outputs of my process are raw or data files, according to the type of inputs.

1 Like