Import channel function does not import channel file

Hello,

I recently used the move files option to separate my trials. In doing so it did not also move the channel file across.
I then proceeded to run Import>Channel File>Set channel file and selected a channel file from another folder within this subject that had this same channel file (.mat) but that did not import it across. I checked in file explorer and there was no channel file.

I then tried to export the channel file but as I'm working with MEG and the only file options are EEG and NIRS the most i could get was a EEG Channel file of 174 EEG channels and mine is 331 MEG Channels.

I then tried to standardize with a uniform list of channels but because i cant get the channel files into my trials folder an error comes up because my data folder does not have a channel file.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Josh

Why did you not copy the channel file?

I then proceeded to run Import>Channel File>Set channel file and selected a channel file from another folder within this subject that had this same channel file (.mat) but that did not import it across. I checked in file explorer and there was no channel file.

I've just checked: this option still works if you select "MEG/EEG: Brainstorm (channel*.mat). Don't worry if it doesn't say "NIRS", it would just copy the Brainstorm channel file, not matter what is inside.
Try again, if you get any error message or warning or suspicious message in the Matlab command window: copy-paste them here.

The simplest option would remain to copy-paste the file with the Brainstorm database explorer. Or even with your file manager, just make sure you right-click>reload the subject after copy new files into the brainstorm protocol folder.

In both approaches, the number of order of data channels must be strictly the same in the new file and the previous one that was deleted (or not copied).