Importing database folder from another Brainstorm user?

Hi there,

I know we are not supposed to move or alter the brainstorm_db folder but if I wanted to import pre-processed data from another brainstorm users database folder, would I be able to? Would I have to uninstall Brainstorm first and start from the beginning? I'm not sure if this is even possible to do but I would like to skip the processing steps from the raw data and start straight on analysis and statistics instead of having to repeat the processing again.

Thank you for all of your help!
Rawan

Update: I was able to import the database by first typing "brainstorm reset" in the Matlab command window. Then when I opened Brainstorm again I just set the brainstorm_db path to my desired folder. I will say, however, that other protocols I had previous to resetting Brainstorm were not saved. Fortunately I didn't need them anyway but other users who have protocols they want to keep, I don't think this is the right way to do it. But if you're like me and only need to work with a single protocol, it worked seamlessly.

To move one protocol (ie. one of the brainstorm_db subfolders):

• Select the protocol in the database explorer
  • Menu File > Delete protocol > Only detach from database
  • Move the protocol folder to a different place
  • Menu File > Load protocol > Load from folder.

This would work for only one protocol. For moving the entire database, you'd need to do this for each protocol individually.
If you have a lot of them, it might be faster to reset the Brainstorm environment completely, as you did. This also resets all the user preferences and previously selected options in all the processes, but if you don't mind, what you did is totally fine.

Before any sensitive file manipulation (and for your everyday life as well), make sure you have all your data safely backed up!

1 Like